NP Istanbul Brain Hospital, the only brain specialist hospital in Turkey, will now be able to host operations for tumors, Parkinson's, epilepsy, the brain and spinal cord, and other robotic and neurosurgery with zero errors. Brain and spinal cord and neurosurgery surgeon Professor Dr. Kaya Aksoy said the hospital has the first fully-equipped 1A Ultra Clean surgery room, adding that the O-arm imaging device will enable error-free operations.
NP Istanbul, which is a first in Turkey and second in Europe mainly in brain and spinal surgery, pediatric brain, spine and neural surgery, and operations for Parkinson's and movement disorders, is again the only hospital with a 1A Ultra Clean surgery room in Turkey for brain and neurosurgery. Along with various important devices in the surgery room, the O-arm device, which is crucial particularly in spinal cord surgery, will ensure error-free operations. The hospital offers state-of-the-art surgery and operations for the back and spine, adult and child brain, tumors and aneurysms, Parkinson's disease, tremors, dystonia, major depression, OCD, epilepsy, Tourette's syndrome, deep brain stimulation, cervical disc hernia and spinal disc hernia, scoliosis and neuromodulation.
One of the leading adult and child brain and spinal cord and neurosurgery surgeons of Turkey, Aksoy noted that they are planning to perform operations using the highly-advanced technologies in their surgery rooms. There are two digital surgery rooms, 1A and 1B, and 16-bed intensive care units. The hospital performs surgical operations with minimum risk with its advanced technological infrastructure. This includes the following, which help minimize the error rate:
* Better removal of tumors with fluorescent coloring
* O-arm MR CT scan navigation with ICG dye, frame technologies
* Accelerated digital X-ray radiography with automatic scoliosis imaging
* Easy target spotting with vascular-oncological surgery service with neuronavigation-supported microscope
* Controlled surgery with neuronavigation-supported ultrasonography device
* High precision with 3D imaging system before and after operation
* 3D imaging to measure success during operation
* Top sterilization safety with hygienic ventilation, controlled passage areas and safety equipment sterilization with tracking system
* Control of anesthesia for pain at every stage of the operation
* Ability to connect with a surgeon or conference through surgery room teleconference system