TRANSLATE

Welcome to Our Parkinson's Place


I copy news articles pertaining to research, news and information for Parkinson's disease, Dementia, the Brain, Depression and Parkinson's with Dystonia. I also post about Fundraising for Parkinson's disease and events. I try to be up-to-date as possible. I have Parkinson's
diseases as well and thought it would be nice to have a place where
updated news is in one place. That is why I began this blog.
I am not responsible for it's contents, I am just a copier of information searched on the computer. Please understand the copies are just that, copies and at times, I am unable to enlarge the wording or keep it uniformed as I wish. This is for you to read and to always keep an open mind.
Please discuss this with your doctor, should you have any questions, or concerns. Never do anything without talking to your doctor. I do not make any money from this website. I volunteer my time to help all of us to be informed. Please no advertisers. This is a free site for all.
Thank you.


Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Berding selected for honor by Michael J. Fox Foundation

April 12, 2017



A Clear Lake woman who worked to raise awareness about Parkinson’s Disease will be honored at the Michael J. Fox Foundation’s MVP Dinner in New York City April 28.
Geri Berding was the force behind the first 5K Fun Run and Walk event held in Clear Lake last April.  She shared her story of being diagnosed with Parkinson’s and with the support of many friends, co-workers and the North Iowa community at-large, raised $24,000 for Parkinson’s research.
Despite the fact that her father had been diagnosed with Parkinson’ a decade earlier, Geri said she hadn’t given serious thought to the possibility that she could suffer from the same disease.  Even though she began to have some tremors in her early 40s.
Since there is no bio-marker for Parkinson’s, Geri says the disease is often misdiagnosed  or not diagnosed at all.  “It is a disease which is well know by name, but not understood by the public."

http://clreporter.com/news/berding-selected-honor-michael-j-fox-foundation/

No comments:

Post a Comment